We are open and continue to serve and support our clients. Our office hours of operation are as usual. Our lawyers are also working to make themselves available during off-hours if needed, to better assist those of our clients whose lives and schedules have been disrupted by the pandemic.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and working to support our clients and to minimize interruptions. We will be adjusting our approach as circumstances evolve.
Our lawyers and staff are encouraged to work remotely if they are able to do so. This means that some of your contact with us might be remote as well.
We are well-able to support online and telephone meetings where possible and we encourage you to contact us and to interact with us by either telephone or email rather than in person.
Our meetings with you are more likely to be via videoconferencing or telephone and we ask that until further notice you not drop into the office without making prior arrangements to do so.
When You Visit Us: Safety Guidelines
- If you are experiencing shortness of breath, fever, cough, sore throat, or any other similar symptoms, or if you have recently travelled off of Vancouver Island, please do not attend our offices.
- Please maintain physical distancing while you are here. We will do the same.
- You will be required to wear a mask while in all areas of our offices with the exception of your lawyer’s office.
- Please arrive no more than five minutes before your scheduled appointment time and please do not bring anyone with you unless you have cleared it with our office first.
- We maintain a visitor log book and you will be asked to provide us with your contact details (if we do not already have them) as well as those of anyone accompanying you to your appointment.
- We may ask you to wait outside our offices if you arrive early and our waiting room is already occupied.
The pandemic has impacted court procedure, scheduling, and the way that the courts operate. The British Columbia courts – the Provincial Court, the Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeal – give updates on their websites. You can find them here: